January 10, 2013 by Cory Bellamy
This is my new favorite go-to snack! It’s filling, easy, fast, and crazy tasty. Not to mention packed full of nutrients and low on the calories. It’s a smoothie made with kale, peanut butter, bananas, and apple juice. This simple recipe will give you great vitamins from the kale and great taste from the other ingredients.
I don’t own a crazy nice blender, so I just use my Magic Bullet. It’s inexpensive, compact, and does everything I need. Therefore, my portions are based on the 12oz cups that come with the Magic Bullet.
- 1 large tablespoon of all natural peanut butter
- 1 sliced and frozen banana (the magic bullet doesn’t like my ice cubes)
- 1 large handful of kale torn into bite size pieces (no stem)
- 8 oz all natural apple juice
- Put frozen bananas in first. This helps push everything down toward the blades as it blends.
- Add in peanut butter.
- Pack in your handful of kale.
- Pour in 8oz of apple juice.
- Blend until it’s a smooth drinkable consistency.