February 14, 2013 by Cory Bellamy
In our house, I’m the techy one. I have several Social Media accounts- Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, etc. The only one I’m really not a part of, and still don’t fully understand, is Pinterest. Jackie on the other hand LOVES Pinterest. She “pins” a lot of stuff, mainly crochet projects, hence her profile The Crochet Girl, but from time to time she finds some great recipes too. That’s where this post comes from. She came across a post for a spaghetti dish with garlic and chicken that sounded delicious, so we modified it to be vegan.
This recipe is a variation of the one found on the Goddess of Scrumptiousness Blog.
- 1 package of vegan spaghetti
- 4 cloves of freshly minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Earth Balance butter
- 2 1/2 cups of low sodium veggie broth
- 2-3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup grated rice Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups rinsed cherry tomatoes
- Prepare spaghetti noodles as normal.
- While noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan melt butter and olive oil together.
- Add in minced garlic and cook 1 minute until you can begin to smell the garlic cooking.
- Add in flour and stir until combined- cook 30 seconds.
- Pour in veggie broth and stir slowly but continuously until sauce thickens like a gravy. Add in fresh basil. Note: It will be more of a sauce consistency and not a thick gravy. It’s almost like an Alfredo texture.
- Once noodles are cooked and sauce has thickened, toss together in a large bowl.
- Toss in fresh cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
(There is a great picture of the final product on the Blog where we found this recipe.)
This pasta dish is pretty easy to make, and fairly inexpensive too! The best part is, this dish will be enjoyed by anyone- vegans and non vegans alike. It’s also perfect for a Valentine’s Day Dinner for your special person.
And thanks for reading!