February 22, 2013 by Cory Bellamy
Folks… I may have stumbled upon the best vegan recipe ever. That is if you love breakfast, pancakes, and easy vegan recipes. All of which I do.
See I was looking for vegan breakfast ideas so that Jackie and I could have a vegan breakfast for i knew dinner. That’s something my family used to do about once a month. I’ve made a tofu scramble, so I knew I would have that, but I needed something else to go with it. Pancakes! Now if you Google “vegan pancakes” you will find a laundry list of pancake recipes; however, I found this recipe on the very first search result- 5 Minute Vegan Pancake Recipe from http://www.food.com.
The name is an honest one. 5 minutes is all it takes to prepare the batter.
- 1 cup flour- I used King Arthur All Purpose
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup non dairy milk- I used unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients until combined.
2. Add in oil and milk. Whisk until smooth in texture.
3. Optional- After whisking it all together I added in a handful of fresh blueberries and a handful of vegan chocolate chips to the batter. Ohhh yea! This addition will turn these already outstanding pancakes into a pancake thats good for breakfast or dessert.
4. Cook on a non-stick skillet or griddle. When bubbles begin to show in middle of the batter, you know its time to flip ’em.
This recipe is simple, yet it makes some of the fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever made. Thanks again to Food.com for this awesome pancake recipe.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this recipe.